Poster Algeria, Wintering & Tourism - PLM
By Léon Cauvy, 1930
Very beautiful old poster dating from 1930, created by Léon Cauvy.
Aiming to promote tourism in Algeria to the Parisian population,
French department at the time of the edition of this work.
The Compagnie des chemins de fer de Paris à Lyon et à la Méditerranée (PLM),
operated a railway network in Algeria between 1863 and 1939.
The network was called PLMA.
This network consisted of concessionary lines and later,
of lines leased to the company, as a result of the State's purchase of various
companies in difficulty.
At the beginning, the PLM replaced the Algerian Railway Company
which has obtained the concession of several lines
and carried out only the construction of certain sections (law of June 11, 1863).
PLM will build all these lines.
In 1921, the Algerian concessions of the PLM were bought by the State.
The lines of the old network are leased to it,
except for the Philippeville - Constantine line,
itself leased to the Algerian State Railway Company
because of its geographical isolation.